Runbox Mail Manager 6
Copyright © Runbox Solutions AS. All rights reserved.
This software application is developed by Runbox Solutions AS and is protected by copyright law and international treaties. We are considering to open source Runbox Mail Manager, but currently it is proprietary. It does mostly consist of open source components.
Runbox Mail Manager utilizes the following OSI Certified Open Source Software:
- Operating systems: Debian Linux, FreeBSD and Ubuntu Server Edition.
- Database server: Percona Server by Percona Inc.
- Mail transfer agent: Exim by the University of Cambridge.
- Mail proxy: NGINX.
- IMAP server: Courier-IMAP (planned to phase out in January 2015) by Double Precision and Dovecot (phased in December 2014)
- Web server: Apache HTTP Server with mod_perl by The Apache Software Foundation.
- Web proxy: NGINX.
- Template system: Template Toolkit.
The Runbox Mail Manager web application is written in Perl, and utilizes:
The Runbox email infrastructure is running on quality server hardware mainly from Supermicro and Dell (we are phasing them out).
The system architecture is distributed and redundant on multiple levels to ensure data and application reliability with high scalability.
We store users email on servers running FreeBSD 9 and 10 and we use the ZFS-filesystem to ensure no dataloss or corruption of data. All new email storage servers from 2014 use only SSDs for storage for optimal latency.
We are continuously expanding the server park to increase the capacity along with the growth in email traffic and data processing requirements.